HEALTHY & SAFE ESTABLISHMENT
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared Coronavirus the causal agent of COVID-19, as a public health emergency of international scope. To avoid risks and infections, an internal protocol defining the necessary prevention, control and surveillance procedures is required.
MR.VANCAMPER declares to comply with the requirements defined by Turismo de Portugal, following the guidelines of the General Health Directorate, allowing considering the MONTIJO OPERATIONS CENTRE MONTIJO (MOC) a HEALTHY & SAFE ESTABLISHMENT.
Training for employees
All employees have received specific information and/or training about:
- The internal protocol related to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- The basic precautions for prevention and transmission of the coronavirus COVID-19, complying with the following procedures:
- Hand hygiene: washing hands frequently with water and soap for, at least, 20 seconds or use hands disinfectant containing, at least, 70% of alcohol, covering all the hands surfaces and rubbing them until dry;
- Respiratory label: cough or sneeze into your forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately disposed off; Always clean hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands;
- Social behaviour: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between workers and clients, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared workplaces, face-to-face meetings and sharing food, utensils, cups and towels.
- Individual daily monitoring for fever assessment (measuring body temperature twice a day and recording the value and time of measurement), checking for cough or breathing difficulty.
- Cleaning and disinfection of surfaces, washing of dishes and kitchen utensils, treatment of clothes, cleaning and disinfection of extras and treatment of waste from campervans and in the establishment, by the guidelines of the General Health Directorate:
- Dishes and kitchen utensils of the campervans: washing in the dishwasher, at high temperature and then storing in closed containers, previously cleaned and disinfected;
- Treatment of bed linen and towels of the campervans: washing in the washing machine, at a temperature above 60º, using the appropriate machine detergent; use of a tumble-dryer and ironing machine, at the maximum temperature permitted by the fabrics concerned;
- Extras: cleaning and disinfection of all extras (tables, chairs, surfboards and others) before they are stored;
- Treatment of waste: placement, deposit and daily removal of waste strictly complying with all hygiene and safety rules.
Flagging and information
All customers have access to the following information:
- How to comply with basic precautions to prevent and control contagion in relation to the coronavirus outbreak:
- Prior communication: Before the scheduled date of arrival, customers are informed of the safety procedures to be observed during the travel and stay on the premises, concerning the need to wear personal protective equipment, where applicable.
- What is the internal protocol regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak?
Protective equipment, materials and cleaning products
- Personal protective equipment for all workers;
- Enough single-use cleaning materials and products proportional to their dimensions, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened in disinfectant, bleach and alcohol at 70º;
- Alcohol-based antiseptic or alcohol-based solution dispensers.
- Waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
- In sanitary facilities hand washing equipment with liquid soap and paper towels.
Cleaning and disinfection procedures
The washing and disinfection of facilities, campervans and sanitary facilities are carried out according to internal and properly monitored procedures, covering all areas of circulation of customers and employees, to ensure the control and prevention of contagion and resistance to antimicrobials.
Preference is given to wet cleaning rather than dry cleaning and the use of vacuum cleaners.
Air renewal in rooms and enclosed spaces is done regularly.
Cleaning is carried out several times a day, with incidence on the most frequent contact surfaces (door handles, cabinet knobs, light switches, telephones, tablets and computer keyboards, taps, flush handles, tables, benches, chairs, handrails, among others).
Supply of hand sanitizers based on alcohol, whenever justified.
The organization of the service ensures
The maximum occupation of the premises, per m2, by the recommendations of the General Health Directorate (4 people per 100m2).
The maintenance of the social safety distance between customers within the premises, by the recommendations of the General Health Directorate.
The distribution of information, within the scope of activity, preferably in digital/online support.
Compliance with internal hygiene and safety protocols by partners involved in programs organized or marketed by MR.VANCAMPER.
The presence of an employee responsible for setting off the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation space, provide the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service).